Thursday, October 6, 2011

Transforming my life

left to right Katie Gwynn, Agnes Cannella, Jenny Brown
         As I started to get acquainted with the beautiful city of Savannah and the people here, I realized what a blessing this volunteer experience is for me. I have been able to meet many different people throughout my journey so far and every one has left a lasting impression on me.  I have found a marvelous match for me here in Savannah in my supervisor, “The Jenny Brown”. Jenny has taken me to several different places, introduced me to the sweetest people, has supported me with my work, and has helped inspire me through my spiritual walk. I am so grateful to be able to have such a marvelous supervisor that can support and encourage me in so many ways!
It is difficult to pinpoint one particular experience that has been life-changing during my time with MVC because on an almost daily basis I am meeting so many people who are transforming my life. It’s remarkable to me to look back at the different activities and different people I have met throughout my time here so far! I have found my niche with the Arts and Crafts class for the Day Center and also with the beautiful Tybee Beach! I have also started to learn sign language and communicating with some of my clients- it’s an amazing feeling! There’s definitely a share of different adventures down here in Savannah! I am looking forward to continuing my future here with all the wonderful people that surround me!

Katie Gwynn - St. Joseph's/Candler SOURCE Program - Savannah, GA

No comments:

Post a Comment